Experienced and Reliabile Hosting Service Provider! Switch to Cloudies365 and Save Upto 50%
Is Avast Firewall blocking your QuickBooks Error? Is it that you face firewall issues that affect your QuickBooks? With this article, you will get information regarding this entire issue. We hope by the end, you will be able to resolve the Avast Firewall blocking QuickBooks error.
Usually when QuickBooks blocked by Avast Firewall, an error message saying “Network diagnostics failed” may appear. There are chances that other messages like “Disable exceptions firewall” frequently displayed too. It is advisable to fix issues before starting out, other work. Most of the time, the error message provides a solution to the issue. It states that the network between the internet and QuickBooks may experience some connectivity troubles or device security issues. Now to know more about the issue make sure you read the full article and do your own research as well.
It is important to think and discuss all the reasons that can be behind the error you may encounter when using the application. Following a lot of research from many users, here are some of the reasons that can lead up to the root of the issue.
The two most called out causes for your Windows firewall preventing QuickBooks listed down:
- Firewall Blocking: QuickBooks may occasionally prevented from operating by the Windows Firewall, which can cause a variety of issues. Like Avast, a number of other third-party antivirus systems have the ability to permanently block the QuickBooks application.
- Closed Ports: This error could appear if there is an issue with the ports that a program uses to connect to the internet. There may occasionally be issues with specific ports that the program regularly uses.
Well, now you’re aware of its core cause, it’s time to utilize some troubleshooting procedures to fix the issue. There are numerous ways to fix the Avast Firewall Blocking QuickBooks Error.
Let’s put a few of the easy-to-use solutions to the error into practice:
Method 1: Try to Manually Configure the Firewall Ports
Setting up the firewall ports is essential in order to allow the program to access the internet. If you download and install a certain application first, you can set up the ports automatically.
If you would prefer not to have it done automatically, the following procedures will assist you:
- Open QuickBooks Database Server Manager first.
- Next, select the Port Monitor menu item.
- Now, record the port numbers that displayed in the program that you have chosen.
- To access the settings tab, use your keyboard’s Windows + I keys.
- After that, choose the “Update & Security” option by clicking on it and then picking it.
- Choose the Windows Security option located on the pane’s left side.
- After doing that, select “Firewall and Network Security.”
- Use the Firewall and Network Protection Settings going forward.
- You required to select the Advanced Settings tab from the list that appears.
- This opens a new window where you must select the “Inbound Rules” option.
- After choosing the “New Rule” option, select “Port.”
- Once you’ve finished, press the Next button.
- Choose the Specified Local Ports option after selecting the “TCP” option.
- Depending on the version you are currently using, your port number will change.
- Once more, press the Next button and select “Allow the Connection.”
- Press the Next button once more and confirm that each of the three options checked separately.
- Press the next button to proceed, after which you must enter a Name for the new rule.
- When you done typing the name, press “Next” once more.
- Ultimately, select “Finish.”
- You must repeat the aforementioned procedures for Outbound Rule before determining the error’s current condition.
Method 2: Add a Firewall Exception
It’s important that the QuickBooks is exempt from the Windows Firewall since sometimes the firewall will completely prevent the application even if the ports are open.
Therefore, the following actions will taken to add the QuickBooks software as an exception to the Avast firewall:
- Press Windows + I to open the settings, then choose Update and Security.
- Choose the Update and Security menu item.
- From the Windows Security tab on the pane’s left side, choose the Firewall and Network Security option.
- Choose Windows Security from the window’s left side menu.
- Choose the Advanced Settings button from the list of options displayed.
- There will be a new screen.
- Click on Inbound Rules, then choose a new rule to select.
- Once the Inbound Rule has chosen, press the New Rule button.
- By clicking the program’s button, choose Next.
- Once you’ve verified the program, select Next.
- Check the box to designate the path of this software, then click the Browse button.
- Choose the installation path for the particular QuickBooks application.
- Click Next once a path has chosen.
- Next, one needs to tick “Allow the Connection.”
- Choose the option to “Allow the Connection.”
- After selecting one of the three available options, press the Next button.
- Analyze every option that offered.
- Enter the name of the rule and select “Finish” afterward.
- Repeat the entire procedure for the Outbound Rule, and then evaluate the state of the issue.
After using either solution (option 1 or option 2), restart.
- Click the Start button.
- Now press the Power button.
- At this point, choose the option to restart.
- Await the completion of the restart.
- After the restart, you can move forward and complete your work.
We go over every solution for the QuickBooks Error Avast Firewall Blocking Fix. I hope this post will assist you in figuring out the answer. If you tried the aforementioned fixes and the problem still exists, don’t panic. We will assist you till you discover the answer.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q. How will I know if the Firewall is Restricting QuickBooks Software from working?
Ans. With the help of steps written below, you can see whether the firewall or restricting any application or not:
- By pressing the Windows +R from your keyboard, open the Run Window first.
- Next, by going to the management option, open the Control Panel and then press the Hit button.
- Click on the “System and Security” option after that.
- Now, click on the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Now at last, to enable an application on the pane’s side, use the Windows Defender Firewall.
Q. How do I change which Avast Feature Block on Application?
Ans. First, click the three dots that represent Options, and then choose the “Change blocked features” option. Select the Avast features you want to permanently prevent access to by checking or unchecking them, then click “Change.”
Your changes have saved and now accessible in the Blocked & Allowed apps settings screen’s List of Blocked Apps section.