Experienced and Reliabile Hosting Service Provider! Switch to Cloudies365 and Save Upto 50%
By using the Advanced Search feature, users can view the journal entries created in their QuickBooks Online software. This approach will show the entries faster and require less time. Second, users must access the Reports option to view the whole list of journal entries. A Journal Report can used to view previously recorded journal entries in QuickBooks Online.
Method 1: Through Advanced Search
To avoid errors when filing taxes or doing accounting, it is important to review the journal entries that entered into the accounting software. Therefore, with QuickBooks Online, one must navigate to the Advanced Search option to read journal entries. This page gives customers the option to choose particular transaction kinds from the list. As a result, this method advised when you just need the specifics of a certain of transactions.
- Firstly, open QuickBooks Online.
- Next, find the Magnifying Glass symbol and tap on it.
- Select Advanced Search.
- The Journal Entries option must be located and selected by users from the drop-down menu. They are now able to review the created journal entries.
- Users can look for the specific entry they wish to see by using the filter option.
Method 2: Viewing the Journal Entries List
The Reports tab is where users must go to see the journal entries list in their QuickBooks Online software. It can found in the software’s menu. After following these instructions up to this point, take a few more steps to access the Custom tab. You can use this option to sort the dates so that you only see the entries you want to view.
Follow these instructions to see how to examine every journal entry in QuickBooks Online:
- Open the QuickBooks Online program first.
- Next, proceed to the Reports section.
- It’s necessary to tap Journal.
- Then select the Report Period tab and the This Month to Data tab that appears below.
- You will see a drop-down menu at this phase. From here, select the Custom button.
- You will need to provide the dates to filter the reports.
- Give the reports a few minutes to be filtered.
- When finished, the window will show the QBO journal entry lists.
You will understand how to see journal entries in QuickBooks Online together if you follow the steps correctly. After that, you can verify if the right entries displayed or not.
Method 3: Searching Previous Journal Entries
It could be necessary for you to review previously created journal entries right away. Therefore, go to the Journal Report page in QuickBooks Online to find out how to examine past journal entries. Most entries, including the older ones, are on this page. You can change the dates and extract the necessary entries here. You will have the option to filter the prior items when you go through the process of checking them. By selecting the transaction type, you can achieve this.
- You have to go to the Reports section on the home screen of the accounting software.
- Then you have to look for the Journal Report.
- Then you have to mention the period during which you want to view the old/previous journal entries
- After that, the report needs to be run for the selected dates.
- In this stage, tap the Customize option.
- You must press the Transaction Type button.
- After that, select Journal Entr” from the list of options for the Type.
The journal entries for the selected period will appear in a few seconds. Then, you will realize that, when done correctly, seeing journal entries in QuickBooks Online is a simple task. Also, take note that previous entries will only be accessible if the record hasn’t been deleted already. You can import the journal entries from QuickBooks Online and create the record again, as long as the record was deleted.